title

Tracey Fletcher King

Art and Illustrations

Tuesday, 6 November 2012

A Matching Set.... Sort Of ....



A couple of months ago I was flicking through a homewares catalogue
trying to pretend that my home had some sort of resemblance
to the uber stylish photos within
when I came across these awesome I blog therefore I am mugs
now my little heart started racing, my palms got a bit sweaty 
and I started to feel the gnaw of obsession flaring in  my brain
I needed that mug
bad ....
One small problem was that it would require a trip to the city
and I kind of couldn't be assed if you know what I mean
I am a tad lazy, but in my defence we were also rather busy at the time
so, in what I thought was stroke of brilliance
I painted it up from the catalogue and blogged about it prior to Mother's Day
thinking that Sinus and Phantom would take the hint
it's not like I didn't give them plenty of time either... I posted about it in March
but no... the day came and went I while I was showered with wonderful
no mug
I consoled myself that it looked like it wouldn't hold much tea
put away the photo from the catalogue 
and promptly moved on to obsessing about something else


Fast forward six months and Sinus and I found ourselves in the city
in the infamous mug store
and there it was, just waiting for me
and it is giant
it holds like two cups full of tea
and it is the same shape as a recent purchase for my birthday
so I sort of have a non matching matching set if you know what I mean....

They don't quite match
but they are close enough for me
and I get to keep calm and have no existential crisis
and have a double cup of tea
with me here in the studio
that is what I call a win win win type deal people
so I am off to top it up and get to some drawing
happy AEDM folks ....xx

showed off her favourite tea cup this morning and it is a cracker
hope we get to see some more.... hint hint ....xx

the posts have been coming thick and fast
because of Art Every Day Month
but here are the links....

27 comments:

my cup of tea said...

Ok-now I am obsessed with the mug now too! I will begin my hunt!
~Donna~

Lorinda @ Everyday Endeavours said...

It's like it was made just for you...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your cups are fantastic and you draw them so well. These are both perfect sayings and I suspect you practice both really well (grin).

I would love for you to join me for Tea Tuesday. I'm trying to keep it alive after Kimmie gave it up a few weeks back.

Lime Tree said...

oh my gosh! What a sweet mug! And artwork! All matching very well ;)

Jennifer McLean said...

it's mugapolooza!! I'm thinking you have some very cool drinking mugs there that hold lots of yummy oil of bergamot tea!

Me thinks tis' true, "I blog therefore I am". Also, "I blog therefore I ART" would also be true. You should contact the manufacturer!
Love the drawings my friend. Oh and I remembered to link up this time, proud of me, huh?
Love,
Jenn

Anne Manda said...

Awesome mugs - both the real ones and the paintings - beautiful and mentally helpful, what more one could ask! ;)

Catherine... said...

You've got me obsessing about those mugs now...no chance of getting them here, so I'm just going to have to drooooooool over yours... hehe, we should have a what's your favourite teacup "show and tell".... :D

Catherine... said...

Ok, I have blogged about my mug and linked to you... hope you don't mind..xx ps. am obviously leading a full and exiting life... :)

Sinderella Studio Designs said...

love them! the story is great too. . .sometimes our hints just don't get attention. I can't figure it out when to me they are SO OBVIOUS!
LOL. dana

Ginny said...

I really love the mug, actually both of them. I think they go well together.

Now, I am off to have a cup of tea while I paint. Love your painted mugs.

Neesie said...

Oh lordy Trace you've really gone and done it now...I've just managed to start revisiting after being away and what do I find?

A mug I would kill for (yes KILL for)...drawings I'd DIE for the ability to be able to create...and AEDM...WHAT?...are you kidding me...everyday!?!!?...
my mojo is still away on holiday ~ it just wouldn't leave!

And this is all in the first post I read!!! :$
xoxo

Viola said...

Yes! you're right! I too blog, therefore I am ;) we blog therefore we are :)

I fancy your lovely tea cups! and the is healthy too, that make us keep up with blogging ;)

Viola said...

the = tea ;))

Molly said...

I love it--- and the fact that it's almost a matching set! I often don't even worry about that.... If I see a tea cup I like that is the right size and shape, I just buy it--so my tea cup closet is filled with a mishmash of different patterns and sizes!

Tammy Vitale said...

awesome story - esp the part about how you thought the usual suspects would pick up on your hint. Obviously you were meant to have this cup - it just manifested later than sooner (mostly I hate when that happens, even though it always proves best). Love the drawings as always!

Nordljus said...

Well, that cup was obviously waiting for you :). It looks wonderful, and I love your non matching matching set. So much more interesting than a simple matching set. Everyone can have that. So glad you decided to join AEDM after all!

Tracy said...

Sometimes it is the mug that makes that cup of tea really something. I like your drawing. thank you for sharing.

Vicki Holdwick said...

Oh, Tracey,

I need to know where you found this cup. It's got my name written all over it.

xoxo

Nigel Roberts said...

Fantastic mug, but way too big - I'd never be able to drink that much tea. Although I suppose I could use it for beer.

"thinking that Sinus ... would take the hint"....
I'm sorry but we're blokes, we don't do hints. If you want something, just tell us, it's much easier all round.

Deborah Velásquez said...

I need the blogging cup! Great post.

Anoeska said...

I love your sketches!!

sandee said...

Love the mug, it does look huge! As for hints..forget it, write on a piece of pape..I want this...and hand it to them! lol My mother use to tell me what she wanted dad to get her and I would tell dad, lol waving hi from the the hills of North Carolina :)

Kathryn - Collage Diva said...

OMG I have to have that mug.

TwinkleToes2day said...

My want a handsome pair ye have there missus (bad Irish accent) :0) Mo x

Fallingladies said...

Just so your know, you have power... You actually made me get up off the couch and go look in my cupboard to see which mug is my favorite... Did you realize you had that kind of control?

Ginger Davis Allman (The Blue Bottle Tree) said...

You make me want to buy teacups. Big ones. With blue things on them. I should leave hints for my family but I suspect it would have the same result as your hints.

Rita said...

You were obviously meant to have that cup, despite the family hint-blindness. And I love the saying--LOL! :)